It was the last day of our 5 days Northern Mindanao tour. Unfortunately, Cheche and Heidi’s flight were different from us (me and Ton), they got the first flight and ours, on the afternoon, thus making Ton and I to explore the remaining hours, and the itinerary for our last day is modestly the Iligan City, Lanao del Norte.
Our mission, to behold the grandiose treasure of the city, the majestic waterfalls. The city is known in the country for its famous landmark, the magnificent Maria Christina Falls. Soaring 320 feet high and it is about 9km. away from the urbanite.
Maria Christina falls is not all about beauty; it is also beneficial for it is the primary source of electric power of the city and capable of supplying the 80% of the Mindanao Region’s electricity. The Maria Christina falls is being managed by the Agus VI Hydroelectric Plant since 1952.
It was a dreamlike experience for me, for I was able to see the famous Maria Christina Falls which only seen in the Sibika at Kultura books during my early elementary days.
In the distance, from the viewing deck, see the strong current of the Falls and realize that it can really supply electric power to the 80% of Mindanao Region.
How to Get There:
1. Ride a bus in the Westbound – Bulua Bus and Jeepney Terminal, Cagayan De Oro going to Iligan - P70. 83km. for 2hours travel time
2. Jeep to Siudad (Iligan Market) - P7
3. Jeep to Buru-un (drop off at Ma. Cristina Falls) P10
4. Jeep from Ma. Cristina Falls to Timoga Spring P7
5. Jeep from Timoga Spring to Habal habal for Tinago Falls P7
6 Habal-habal to Tinago Falls and Mimbalut Falls - P100 good for 2 pax
7. Jeep from Buru – un going back to Siudad = P10
8. Bus going back to CDO = P70
Total = P281