After the Ma. Christina Falls and Mimbalot Falls, the next destination in our half day Iligan City tour is another wonderful waterfalls, the Tinago Falls. Tinago is a Filipino word which means “hidden”, being hidden in a deep ravine.
It is 20-30 minutes trek before you witness another hidden treasure of Iligan City, the City of Majestic Waterfalls. As you walk through the forest, you’ll be captivated by the wild variety of floras, a breath of fresh air. The challenging part, you need to descend in a stair with about 500 steps and little by little the wowing Tinago falls will be unveiled. Entrance fee is P10.
The falls is 240 feet high, flowing gorgeously into a 60 feet deep pool.
Tinago falls has this bamboo raft to get into a small cave, go listen to the rumbling waters.
Swim in its basin-like pool with very cold water. For non swimmers, you can rent life vest for P20.
5 Days Northern Mindanao Invasion
Day 1 Arrival at Cagayan de Oro
Day 2 Whitewater Rafting at Cagayan de Oro River
Macahambus Nature Park
Day 3 Camiguin Island
Day 4 Bukidnon
Day 5 Iligan City
Maria Christina Falls
How to get here:
1. Ride a bus in the Westbound – Bulua Bus and Jeepney Terminal, Cagayan De Oro going to Iligan - P70. 83km. for 2hours travel time
2. Jeep to Siudad (Iligan Market) - P7
3. Jeep to Buru-un (drop off at Ma. Cristina Falls) P10
4. Jeep from Ma. Cristina Falls to Timoga Spring P7
5. Jeep from Timoga Spring to Habal habal for Tinago Falls P7
6 Habal-habal to Tinago Falls and Mimbalut Falls - P100 good for 2 pax
7. Jeep from Buru – un going back to Siudad = P10
8. Bus going back to CDO = P70
Total = P281
Total = P281