Liliw, Laguna: St. John the Baptist Parish

It was May 15, 2012, we drove to Lucban, Quezon from Manila to catch the Pahiyas Festival in the morning for we had a full pack itinerary for that day, Tayabas church hopping, Kamay ni Hesus, Majayjay Falls, Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery and lastly visited the Saint John The Baptist Parish in Liliw, Laguna.

The Saint John the Baptist Parish in Liliw, Laguna was founded in 1605. In 1808, the original church and convent was shook by a strong earthquake and made a huge damaged, reconstruction was made 18 years after the wrathful event. Today the church is beautifully standing strong and covered with a massive red brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...