Kuala Lumpur Bird Park: The Largest in the World

Dubbed as the “World’s Largest Free-flight Walk – in Aviary”, the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is the home for more than 3000 birds representing more than 200 species and one of the popular attractions in Malaysia. 90% of the birds are can be found locally while the remaining 10% were imported from abroad. 

Join over hundreds of yellow – beaked storks, peacocks and other colorful birds like parakeets, mandarin ducks, hawk eagles and hornbills as you stroll along the walkway. It is located in the scenic Lake Garden that offers 20 acres of lush terrain dedicated only to the stunning birds; it is just 15 minutes away from the Petronas Tower.

Aside from being a family-oriented attraction, this park is also educational for the little ones because the tour guide will feed you such interesting information about each kind of bird that you will encounter randomly while having your tour.

One of the many highlights of the tour is the bird feeding where visitors will be surprised by hundreds of big birds flying around and just above you.

Meander the behaviour of these birds that comes in different colors and sizes. Storks show off its tail upward to show authority and to tell to others to back off. Male peacock elegantly display their beautiful and majestic tail to attract female peacocks. The pink flamingo only uses one leg when resting to conserve energy. 

You should not missed to watch ostriches lay eggs  the egg incubation area, the eagle and hornbill feeding, bird show, the bird gallery and education centre just to name a few. 
The KL Bird open is open daily from 9:00AM – 6:00PM

Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
Address: No. 920, Jalan Cenerwasih, Taman Tasik Perdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Office Number: +603 22721 1010


How to get here:

- TAKE THE TRAM - this one is the most convenient  way to go here and tour around. Just avail the ticket at the KL City Gallery for one ticket to hop-on and hop-off as many times as you like in a day. Ticket price is RM 2.00. Areas covered are the Tun  Abdul Razak Heritage Park and Dataran Merdeka.

Disclosure: This sponsored trip was made possible by 
Tourism Malaysia in partnership with Gaya Travel Magazine. 
Visit Malaysia Year 2014 | Celebrating 1Malaysia Truly Asia is this year theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...